[X-Apps] OS X remote control drivers for Nikon Coolpix

John Pariseau simplymail at ururk.com
Fri Jul 11 11:28:13 PDT 2003

Well, the Nikon Coolpix, 995 family (and up), interfaces via two ways.
Same port on the Nikon, but different pinouts. With USB, the connection
is to the "Mass Storage Device", which allows you to plug it directly
into your computer, and mount it as a disk image. With the serial
interface (which I believe the Nikon Remote uses), the Serial Nikon
adapter will connect to a PC or Mac serial port. This allows you to
control the camera. There is also software for the palm platform. The
990 family and below do not have a Mass Storage Device built in (ie, a
card reader), so you have to use Image Capture. *I believe, but could
be wrong* that there is some USB control through this camera. I not
only want remote control, I want remote viewing, and immediate
downloading. I suppose I could get an IBM Micro Drive...