[X-Apps] iTunes 3 Burning Problem

Gretchen Hayman gretchen at sedl.org
Thu Mar 13 14:19:14 PST 2003

On Thursday, Mar 13, 2003, at 08:49 US/Central, Colin Hoogeboom wrote:

> I am trying to burn an MP3 CD (actually a copy of one I imported and
> deleted a few files from) and keep getting a failure popup with a
> large (6 or 8 digit) error code.  What could be going wrong here?
> Where can I find the definition of these error codes?

Hi Colin,

Some suggestions that come to my mind are:
1) set a lower burn speed in iTunes burn prefs
2) try different/better brand of media
3) burn a non-iTunes CD to see if perhaps the issue lies with iTunes
4) put the music in a shared location on your computer, login as
another user and try burning from iTunes in that account (if this
works, then it's something with your preferences/account)

We had a similar issue with burning DVDs with a TiBook G4/1Ghz on
10.2.3 and 10.2.4.  We purchased a "cheap" spindle of DVDs to use and
the TiBook generated errors when we would try to burn using this media.
  We then used a better quality DVD blank and the burn was successful.
And FWIW, the cheap spindle o' DVDs burn just fine in an G4/1G DP
(Quicksilver 2002).

I'd check the Apple knowledge base and see if they have any info.

The article below talks about error codes when trying to burn CDs.
There were others as well that I have not included.  I just searched on
"error code burn" (no quotes).

HTH,
Gretchen