Mail

R. Welz r_welz at gmx.de
Sun Mar 23 05:00:43 PST 2003

Hallo.
I now want to switch my email handling from M$ Outlook to Apple's Mail.
I manage over 60000 important emails in Outlook (subscribed email lists
mostly concerning developing) and over the time its startup has become
terribly slow. (It takes more than 30 seconds for the first start up
during one computer session now).

My question is: will Mail become that slow too after a certain amount
of stored emails? It could be that it is much faster for some reasons:
first it is OSX native not emulated in Classic. Second I can imagine
that Apple did a better job in managing the stored emails on the
harddisk but this is only a guess. Somebody already having experience
with say 30 - 40 thousand emails? Did start up become a remarkably
slower?

Thanks for telling me your experience!

Greetings,
Robert