[X Newbies] Removing Apps?

paulatx1 at aol.com paulatx1 at aol.com
Tue Dec 10 07:48:52 PST 2002

In a message dated 12/10/2002 3:32:41 AM Eastern Standard Time, kirklists at wanadoo.fr writes:

> Except that part is downright wrong. Since applications can install things
> in many places, that only works for some programs. The biggest problem is if
> an application installs a daemon that launches at startup. Apps can also put
> lots of stuff in Application Support (though it's no
> problem if these things
> stay there).
I still maintain that in OS X   applications do not install things in many places.  I have close to fifty applications on this machine  and I'm not seeing bits of applications scattered here and there.  (Everything from big Pagemaker  to little haxies.)  Yes  in OS 9  parts were put everywhere.  But  in OS X   if parts are being put everywhere...they are being quite well hidden.
                  Paula