Saving Software Updates

Mike Vicente mvicente at mac-email.com
Tue Dec 10 21:28:21 PST 2002

Stephen,

You have to save the updates before running the update. In
other words, select Save As... when Software Update first
appears. The update will be saved to your local hard drive.

Mike

On Tue, 10 Dec 2002 at 08:34:27, Stephen Foster wrote:

> There is a 'Save As' option in the Software Update menu
> but it always
> seems to be greyed out. With a dial-up connection it
> would be nice to
> save the installers and not have to download everything
> if there's a
> need for a clean install. Am I missing something? Thanks,
> Stephen
Free eMail and Web Site for Macintosh Users
http://www.applelinks.com/
The "iClock" on at the Applelinks Store
http://store.applelinks.com/