Can you configure "recent items" menu?

Gregory Cortelyou chefgreg at mac.com
Sun Dec 29 21:19:22 PST 2002

I would like to be able to use the recent items option in the apple
menu to open documents that I work on all the time. I have noticed that
the only documents listed in that category are from the OS X "native"
applications. Documents created in Word or Appleworks are not listed.
You can configure the number of documents listed but I can't find any
place that lets you control what type of documents are listed.
Applications recently used seems to be able to list all applications.
Anybody know anything about this?
Greg