[X Newbies] Hanging after SLEEP restart

Jerry Krinock dearjerry at mindspring.com
Wed Nov 27 13:03:00 PST 2002

Breaking the connection to a mounted drive will often do this.  If you're
patient, it often comes back after about 5-10 minutes.  Yesterday, I left my
day-job, forgetting to dismount a drive which had been mounted using samba.
The first time I put it to sleep (to go home), and woke it up, it didn't
notice - possibly because I did not use the Finder.  But when I put it to
sleep again later, and woke it up again, I got a progress wheel that spun
and spun and spun.  I've also had this happen when breaking the connection
to other-Macintosh drives which were mounted using afp.

This seems like a simple bug which Apple could easily fix, and I'm
disappointed to see it still happen in 10.2.2.

Jerry Krinock
San Jose, CA