[X Newbies] Grabbing sides of windows in X

Norman Cohen nacohen at mac.com
Sun Apr 6 12:10:23 PDT 2003

Don't know about modifying the windows, but for text editing, try
Hydra, available at VersionTracker. It will even allow collaborative
editing using Rendezvous on your local area network, and has syntax
highlighting for a number of programming languages such as HTML,
PHP,Perl, XML, etc. It needs a bit of work yet for line numbering and
find and replace capabilities, but is better than TextEdit for what you
want to do...and it's freeware.

Norm
On Sunday, April 6, 2003, at 11:44  AM, TheMacintoshLady wrote:

>      Does anyone know of shareware that will add "grab" areas to sides
> of
> windows in OS X? I find this omission to be one of the most annoying.
> have restored labels and windowshades, but when a window has stretched
> too far, it can not be moved up high enough to grab the bottom right
> corner and sometimes the colored buttons work to make the window
> smaller
> and sometimes they do not.
>
> There is also a bug in the Text Edit program with enlarging the font,
> three keys, not two must be depressed....the reducing works as listed
> with two keys. In any case I gave up using that for writing HTML as the
> preferences must be fiddled with to keep it pure text and from actually
> rendering the page once you close the document. I must be able to go
> back
> into it as text. I have found that they are taking away BBEditLite for
> download but was lucky to get it, it's part of the OS 9 installer so I
> had it on a CD..I will use that where text stays text no matter how you
> open it!
>
> There are just some things you just gotta keep. :-)

> <X-Newbies-digest at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
> Need help from a real person? Try.
> <X-Newbies-request at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
>
> ----------
> Mac ISP
> http://macinternetaccess.com
>
> DVIator   | Run Dual ADC displays on your G4 or just one on an older
> Mac!
> Dr. Bott  | <http://www.drbott.com/prod/DVIator.html>
>
>    Support   | Support this list by clicking here before you buy!
>   this List  |  http://www.themacintoshguy.com/support.html

> http://www.osxfaq.com

Norman Cohen
nacohen at mac.com