[X Newbies] Can't install 03 10.2

William Lane wilann at telusplanet.net
Sun Apr 6 15:05:53 PDT 2003

On Sunday, April 6, 2003, at 11:46  AM, Ann & Bill wrote:

> I'm running a beige g3 with 352 mb ram and my hard drive is a 40 GB
> Seagate
> Ultra ATA Barracuda . I have partition my drive and the 1st is 7.5 GB
> and
> the 2nd is 29 GB. On my 2nd partition I'm running 9.2.2 and have been
> for
> some time. I had installed 0S X 1.5 on my 1st partition with no
> problems.
> The problem comes when I try to install OS X 2. ( I'm using the full
> install, 2 disks) and I get within 6 minutes of the 1st disk finishing
> installation when the monitor goes black and I can't get it to finish.

So, you are upgrading from 10.1 to 10.2, right? Still in the first
partition?
Start up in 10.1, make sure that the machine is not set to go to sleep
in that OS, in that 9 is not running during the install it's sleep
settings should not matter.
On a long shot, if that does not work, strip everything 'aftermarket'
out of the machine. As silly as it sounds with my beige it would seem
to 'go to sleep' minutes before the install completed. I stripped it
back to stock, including having only 96MB or RAM, less that what X
needs to be able to run. Then the install worked. Then I reinstalled
the extra RAM to bring it up to 640MB

__
William Lane
Calgary Canada