[X Newbies] Docjector App shows as a drive

Anne Keller-Smith earthpigz at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 23 11:37:59 PDT 2003

At 3:14 PM -0700 4/19/03, Jerry Krinock wrote:
>This may be one of the few times I am actually able to give a correct answer
>to a simple question.  I believe what you have on your desktop is not the
>alias; it is the disk image which you downloaded.  Whey you say "doesn't
>want to be gotten rid of", I assume that you cannot drag it to the Trash.
>If all this is true, the problem is that you cannot trash a disk image.  You
>must "Eject" it instead.  Select it and type cmd-E, or else select it and
>then pull down your FInder's File menu to Eject.  You may also have an Eject
>button on your keyboard in the top right.

>on 03/04/19 14:58, Anne Keller-Smith at earthpigz at earthlink.net wrote:
>
>> app installed in the Applications folder, but there's still an icon
>> on the desktop that looks like a hard drive or a zip drive, that
>> doesn't want to be gotten rid of.

Jerry,

I actually have realized there's another simple problem. I thought the
app was installed on the hard drive; actually it's not. What happened
when tried to copy it to the Applications folder was it made an alias.
Guess I don't want to delete the desktop image unless I have a copy.
Seems the disk image is where the app is launching from?

Let me try it again; maybe I'm forgetting OS9 shortcuts don't
work in X.

Thanks, I think you've given me part of the solution.

Sigh. I knew OS 9 and previous so well; it's humbling to suddenly
be a newbie.

Anne Keller Smith
Down to Earth Web Design
G4 733mHz | Graphite iMac 333mHz