[X Newbies] Disappearing subject line in Sent Mail?

TheMacintoshLady TheMacintoshLady at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 14 18:14:20 PDT 2003

Norman Cohen tapped out this message on 8/14/2003 7:33 PM

>First, from MacintoshLady's original post, I didn't realize that the
>problem wasn't the drag and drop, but the maintenance of the text in
>the Subject field once the message was sent.

Norm, not to worry.

Here is what else I found out:

If I simply tab to that field and it is surrounded by blue BEFORE I put
anything in there, the text clipping DOES get recorded in the Sent mail.
If not, it just turns black-rimmed while dragging and if nothing is
typed, even a space bar hit, then it doesn't record. That would account
for why a few of my  emails DID have Subjects in the Sent mail.....