[X Newbies] Apple and all of these viruses?

James S Jones jsjones at mac.com
Sun Aug 24 13:39:59 PDT 2003

I wonder how much of a threat this even is. First, I have the feeling
that most people aren't using Classic very often. I can't remember the
last time I started it up and it doesn't happen more than a few times a
year. Next, those old viruses generally predate OS 8. They might not
run properly under 9.2.2 if it were running natively. But, under OS X,
a Classic process that tried to undermine the system would either be
shut down or cause a kernel panic. Troublesome, but not nearly as
threatening as what Windows users face.