[X Newbies] TCP/IP broken in Classic

Eugene Lee list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Thu Dec 18 10:41:55 PST 2003

On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 01:16:11PM -0500, Jeff Rothfus wrote:
:
: I'm still struggling with my installation of OS 10.1 on an AGP graphics
: G4/350 tower.
:
: I've run Norton SystemWorks, DiskWarrior, Disk First Aid and Repair
: Permissions, and I still have two serious problems:
:
: [1] Native TCP/IP (internet) applications work great when booted into
: their native OS, either OS 9.2.2 or OS 10.1 --- but I can't get Classic
: applications (e.g. Claris E-mailer) which work great under OS 9.2.2 to
: connect to the the internet when running under Classic in OS X.
:
: The G4 is sitting on an Ethernet hub, and Classic apps don't show any
: activity light on the hub when running in OS X.  Native OS X applications
: (e.g. IE and Netscape) connect fine in OS X, and Classic applications
: connect fine in OS 9.2.2.

1) You might want to try some of the suggestions here:

	http://www.appletechs.com/archives/00000042.html

2) Why not bite the bullet and buy Mac OS X 10.3 Panther?

--
Eugene Lee
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/