[X Newbies] Startup hangs on "Waiting for NetInfo"

Gretchen Hayman gretchen at sedl.org
Fri Feb 14 13:21:41 PST 2003

On Friday, Feb 14, 2003, at 12:00 US/Central, David B. Holton wrote:
> I'll give this a try. Worth a shot, definitely.

Once you are able to Successfully boot into MAc OS X, and if you are
not trying to connect to a NetInfo server, I'd suggest turning a couple
of things off that are on by default.

Open Applications > Utilities > Directory Access

Again, if you are and will not be connecting to a NetInfo server, you
can safely turn off the NetInfo entry (uncheck it).  If you are not
connecting to any LDAP servers, you can uncheck them as well.

Here's an Apple kbase article about it, which also provides step by
step instructions:

I hope it behaves after a clean reinstall.

Gretchen