[X Newbies] Crash city

Chris Walker chris at mymac.demon.co.uk
Fri Feb 14 10:57:45 PST 2003

On 14/2/03 Joe Ellis wrote:

> ........Are you aware that Apple has stated that after January; almost all
>models of Macs "WILL NOT BOOT INTO OS 9"......SNIP....... If your order was
>filled prior to January and you didn't get OS 9 CD's call Apple and tell
>them, they should correct the situation, either way, this appears like you
>should have a beef with Apple.

FWIW I believe the Lady has a new e-mac.  My own feeling was that these
were at present able to run OS9 as they are directed at education where
budgets are tight.  If (and I stress IF) this is so then it seems that
the education models may only be supplied through education dealers.
Alternatively they may only be supplied to special order through the
Apple Store.  Maybe the best thing is to complain either to Apple or the
dealer (or both) and see if you can get one of the education/special
order versions.  Best of luck!

Chris