[X Newbies] Updating Firmware?

Jerry Krinock dearjerry at mindspring.com
Tue Jan 14 09:51:16 PST 2003

on 03/01/14 06:36, Brian Fish at b.fish at durandac.org wrote:

> This may sound trivial,but...how do you update firmware?  I've heard it
> said, many times, many ways.  But where do you find the latest firmware?

The Apple web site

> Would it show up in Software Update or am I suppossed to go to some section
> of Apple's site?

I have never seen firmware updates show up in software update.  I presume
they are not covered.

> Also, how do you know when firmware updates are available?

Easy way: When a new Mac OS upgrade/date is released, you read the "readme"
and it tells you to check your firmware rev before upgrading/dating.

Hard way: Upgrade/update the OS without reading the readme, restart and find
find that your Mac has croaked.

Jerry