Little window utility?

Donna Luder dluder at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 6 16:15:59 PDT 2003

Does anyone know of a small utility that would let me set the
background color of a window and child windows spawned from the parent?
  Sometimes I have multiple disks mounted on my computer and when I am
moving back-up copies of files and updated copies of files, I get
confused as to just which disk I am looking at.  I know I could set the
View in the window to the hierarchical view, but then it's another
mouse-action to shift all the way over the left pane and see which disk
I have buried myself in.  Does this make sense?  It would be so easy if
I could set my hard-drive window and all of its children to pink, and
the mounted network volume to green and my backup firewire drive to
yellow.  (For instance. ;-) )
MTIA--
Donna