Crash side effects!

jc jc at his.com
Mon Jun 9 11:22:17 PDT 2003

I had OS 9 version of Quark open the other day and it crashed. I just
killed my computer and had lot's of bad side effects. At the time of my
restart I had Dreamweaver open as well as Internet Explorer, my OS X
Address book, OS X Mail and maybe a couple of other things.

When I booted up again all the addresses in my address book were gone
as well as preferences in Internet Explorer and my settings for a
couple of web sites in Dreamweaver. No problem with most of that except
my address book. I had a backup that I made with the feature in the
file menu but it was way out of date (believe me from now on every
change in my address book warrants a backup). All my old mail was still
there which I'm thankful for.

My question is, why would a crash of Quark and reboot cause that stuff
to be lost?

--jc