[X Newbies] X on early G3 iMac

Michael Winter michael-winter at uiowa.edu
Mon Jun 16 06:41:01 PDT 2003

On Sunday, June 15, 2003, at 07:30  AM, Brian Thorpe wrote:

> I've got an original 233Mhz Bondi iMac running 10.2.6. When I
> originally installed 10.2 it turned out that I had to remove one of my
> memory modules or it would not install. It would go thru the process
> very slowly but would never quite finish.

I know its too late now, but I managed to get around having to remove
any memory modules on a Bondi iMac by installing Jaguar in the smallest
increments possible. Going from memory, I did the minimal base install
first, then installed the rest of the OS (no apps), then installed the
applications from the second disk one at a time by starting from the
hard drive, putting in the second CD, and running each installer
individually.

-Mike