[X Newbies] Mac Mail Question

Florin Alexander Neumann alexn at ica.net
Wed Jun 18 15:01:46 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, Jun 18, 2003, at 11:03 Canada/Eastern, cricket wrote:

> I don't want a bunch of people scouring preferences looking for an
> option that doesn't exist in preferences.

Ah, the good Samaritan. Too bad the preference does exist.
Mail>Preferences>Viewing>Display images and embedded objects in HTML
messages. Turn it off, and the cricket croaks. (Actually, not quite. If
a message has been viewed once with the option on, the picture is
cached, so it will be displayed even when the option is turned off. But
with the option turned off, messages from new senders will not display
the pic.)