[X Newbies] Mac-compatible ISP

Vincent Cayenne vcayenne at mac.com
Wed Mar 12 19:47:04 PST 2003

At 2:38a -0800 2003.02.13, Deb Hagen wrote:
>  I need a new ISP that allows me to send & receive POP mail on my PowerMac.

Just make sure the ISP doesn't block outgoing port 25 and enable
sendmail on your PowerMac. That'll let you send as you choose. Throw
off those shackles, I say :-). Nobody blocks receive... Dang, that's
a blanket statement. Now I'm sure that somebody'll find an example
<g>.

And I do not mean to make it seem as though enabling sendmail is
trivial. But it is worthwhile and there are many online resources to
walk you through it. O'Reilly's DevCenter, MacOSXHints et al.
--
Knowledge is not simply another commodity. On the contrary. Knowledge
is never used up. It increases by diffusion and grows by dispersion.