[X Newbies] Conceptualizing Desktop

Steve St-Laurent st-laur at telus.net
Sun May 4 19:56:30 PDT 2003

There's nothing mysterious about the OS X Desktop other than
recognizing that each user has his/her own and that the Desktop folder
is within one's User folder.

I use the Desktop a lot -- perhaps too much. For those times when I
can't find something amid all the Desktop clutter, I've put an alias of
the Desktop folder on the Desktop [wheels within wheels] which pops
open a list view of the Desktop. Can't decide whether this is brilliant
or too stupid for words. But it does work.