[X Newbies] Screenshots WAS - Re: [X Newbies] Conceptualizing Desktop

Anne Keller-Smith earthpigz at earthlink.net
Tue May 6 03:41:38 PDT 2003

At 12:52 AM -0400 5/6/03, TheMacintoshLady wrote:
>William Lane tapped out this message on 5/5/2003 10:17 PM
>
>>Hmmm, seems odd that PS would have problems however, having said that,
>>here's what I did to get rid of the .pdf screenshots. Downloaded a
>>little app called Kunvert. ALL it does is convert to jpg.

This sounds like a nice app. However, weren't the old screen dumps
in pict format? This is a non-lossy format, I think. My impression is
jpeg is always lossy (goes down in quality some each time you make
one). As a graphic designer, this is an issue for me. When I hear
jpeg, I think "ugh!"

Guess it doesn't matter for most of the uses I have for it.

Anne Keller Smith
Down to Earth Web Design
G4 733mHz | Graphite iMac 333mHz
mailto:earthpigz at earthlink.net