[X Newbies] Conceptualizing Desktop

Michael Winter michael-winter at uiowa.edu
Tue May 6 06:22:25 PDT 2003

On Monday, May 5, 2003, at 05:20  PM, Anne Keller-Smith wrote:

> Okay, but will OS9 see this Documents folder when I reboot into it?
> It sorta doesn't exist in OS9 ...

Yes, it will be there when you boot into OS9. In fact, when booted into
OS9 you will have access to _everything_, including being able to see
and delete files that are normally hidden in OS X (they're the ones
that begin with a "." -don't mess with them) and being able to mess
around in other user's folders.

As I mentioned in another message, the way I initially handled it was
to, in OS9, make an alias of my user folder and put it on my OS9
desktop and add it to my favorites menu. That way my user folder, which
is normally buried, is easily accessible.

-Mike