Networking Options

Stephen Foster foster at pop.ca.inter.net
Tue Nov 4 09:22:13 PST 2003

We have a dual-USB iBook (June, 2002) and are getting a G5 (1.8GHz).
I'd like to know the easiest way to have them share a printer (i.e.
the best router/hub model, configuration). Although we still can only
get dial-up access it would be useful, although not essential, to be
able to plug the iBook into a device rather than unplugging one
computer from the telephone wall jack and plugging the other in. At
some point, when we get broadband I suspect, Airport will become the
method of choice but that's probably three years away and I'm not
sure if the iBook can handle  Airport Extreme. I've never networked
two computers and I get confused when I look at the various hubs and
routers. Suggestions and education are solicited. Thanks, Stephen
--
"A man cannot step into the same river twice; for neither is it the
same river nor is it the same man." Heraclitus c. 540- c. 480 BCE