Problems Installing Apps

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Fri Apr 2 15:07:49 PST 2004

> From: Kirk McElhearn <kirklists at wanadoo.fr>
> Pardon me, but so many people think that running Cocktail is such a
> miracle
> - it does not repair permissions; merely cleans up and rotates logs.

I think you must be confusing Cocktail with some other program.
Cocktail certainly DOES repair permissions, and certainly DOES do a lot
more (customise Finder, optimise broadband connection, turn on/off
journaling etc) than just "clean up and rotate logs."

_Chas_

Have you noticed that this administration's harshest critics are ...
lifelong Republicans?
Richard Clarke, Paul O'Neil, John McCain, Scott Ritter, John Dean ...
and the list goes on ...