Problems Installing Apps

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Fri Apr 2 15:12:36 PST 2004

> From: "Chris Walker" <chris at mymac.demon.co.uk>
> On a side note does anyone have any recommendations for regular
> maintenance? At present I use Cocktail on a regular basis but from what
> Kirk said this is insufficient.

Kirk is sort of right. Cocktail does more than he thinks it does, but
it's not "all you need."

Here's the top tools in my toolbox:
1. OnyX (essentially the same thing as Cocktail, just free!)
2. Carbon Copy Cloner for backups to an external HD.
3. Check Preference Files, freeware.
4. Disk Utility, included with the OS.
5. DiskWarrior and/or TechTool Pro on a bootable CD.
6. REGULAR, VERIFIED BACKUPS. Alluded to in point 2 above but really
can't be stressed enough.

_Chas_

Have you noticed that this administration's harshest critics are ...
lifelong Republicans?
Richard Clarke, Paul O'Neil, John McCain, Scott Ritter, John Dean ...
and the list goes on ...