OT: "Propaganda"

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Sat Apr 17 13:24:14 PDT 2004

> From: Steven Rogers <srogers1 at austin.rr.com>
> Anyone who really respected the opinions of others wouldn't post those
> kind of tag lines.

I disagree. It's a celebration of the diversity of opinion, and a
celebration of freedom of speech. I think that's something worth
celebrating in every email, just as many millions of people give thanks
to their god at every meal.

What's more, I think the sig lines help distinguish us as individuals
in the blank, faceless forum of email/news. I can't think of any other
reason why they are so popular.

Tell me, do you flag down cars on the highway with bumper stickers you
disagree with and tell them how much their car offends you?

I suggest that you think of the sig as a bumper sticker and the post
itself as the car. That should help you assign it the proper relevance.

_Chas_

Read the PDB of August 6th, 2001 for yourself:
http://www.cnn.com/2004/images/04/10/whitehouse.pdf
and then tell me how the President could go on vacation for a month.