[X Newbies] Epson 3000

Alex alist at sprint.ca
Sat Apr 17 14:50:40 PDT 2004

On Friday, Apr 16, 2004, at 10:20 Canada/Eastern, Bobbo wrote:

> NOW: Will someone please tell me why it continues to be impossible to
> print
> from this wonderful, evolved, ready for prime time OSX 2.8 to my Epson
> 3000? When I try to add the printer after reinstalling the driver, I
> have 2
> choices that apply: USB and Epson USB. USB shows the 3000, but says
> "Driver
> Not Installed."

Always choose "Epson USB" for Epson printers. (Presumably this is the
Epson Stylus Color 3000.)

> When I choose "Epson USB" it lists no printers at all.

This usually suggests a communication problem with the printer.

> [...] Whenever I try to print to the blessed thing, it always says
> "Job Stopped."

So, the printer driver is installed (otherwise you couldn't try to
print to it). Is the "Start Jobs" button in the printer window
activated? What happens when you click on it?

Another issue. In the Printer List, select the printer and click
Configure. This should launch the Epson printer utility. Does this one
see the printer?