[X Newbies] Mouse and Keyboard

Eugene Lee list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Tue Apr 20 10:53:53 PDT 2004

On Tue, Apr 20, 2004 at 09:09:36AM -0400, J wrote:
:
: My mouse and keyboard have been 'losing it' a lot lately and I have to
: unplug and plug in again. Sometimes I have to plug each into it's own
: USB slot to make them work.
:
: Are there some prefs I can trash to make the USB connection more
: reliable? The computer seems to be frozen when this happens.

It could be a hardware problem.  Try experimenting with different
combinations of keyboards and mice, or plugging them into another
USB port.  Finally, try removing other USB devices and see if they
are interfering with your system (or conversely, try adding other
USB devices like an intermediary powered USB hub).

--
Eugene Lee
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/