[X Newbies] Hard drive space

Alex alist at sprint.ca
Thu Apr 29 07:04:05 PDT 2004

On Thursday, Apr 29, 2004, at 09:33 Canada/Eastern, Mark Des Cotes
wrote:

> [...] But how can I get transfer the info on my old drive to the new
> one. I don't have access to a firewire or usb drive to do a temporary
> transfer. [...]

You should have a backup tool as an essential part of your toolkit.
There's no point in belabouring the issue -- see the list archives. If
you have a backup tool, whatever that is, it's simple: (1) do a full
backup, (2) (optional) test the backup, (3) swap drives, with the usual
precautions, (4) restore from backup according to your backup utility's
instructions.