Getting rid of Admin Passwords

Ken Poppers kpoppers at comcast.net
Mon Feb 16 16:17:56 PST 2004

I have a Powerbook G4 using Panther from work,  I do not have admin
access, so I can't connect to the internet (other than my employer's
web site) software update, etc.  I want to kill off the admin and
convert it to a single user.

I was thinking of restarting the computer as a firewire hard drive and
grabbing all the offending files and trashing them, but I don't know
exactly which ones to get.  Any ideas?

The computer was paid for by a grant, not by my employer, but tech
services imaged it as if it is an "on site" computer, not one for home
use.

Thanks