System UI Server hung

Steve St-Laurent st-laur at telus.net
Fri Feb 27 09:03:57 PST 2004

Almost every time I check in Activity Monitor I see that the process
System UI Server is hung. Force-quitting it doesn't seem to solve the
problem, nor does it resolve it. Go back five minutes later and it's
highlighted in red again. The behavior is the same regardless of what
Apps are running. A restart makes no difference.

Is this a case of Activity Monitor "over-reporting" a normal situation
or what? For that matter, what the heck is System UI Server anyway? I
understand all the words, just not what they mean collectively. Thx.