[X Newbies] Linking Files to Applications [Was: Disk Utility/RESOLVED [TID]]

Vincent Cayenne vcayenne at mac.com
Fri Jan 23 07:09:12 PST 2004

At 9:30 AM -0500 1/23/04, Alex wrote:
>However, the point I'm trying to make (I suggest reading my post
>again) is that this is not relevant to _assigning a document to an
>application using the Get Info dialogue_!

But J's real point was that "_assigning a document to an application
using the Get Info dialogue_" was irrelevant to solution of the
problem. The academic issue of assignment was doing her no good *at
the client*. All else is insignificant in that situation.

When you've got a querulous, not-entirely-communicative client
hovering at your shoulder, solutions are golden.
--
The great tragedy of Science - the slaying of a beautiful hypothesis
by an ugly fact.