Thanks for "Expired Trial' help-- now a new one

Gail Brown gailb at tiac.net
Sat Jan 24 07:33:34 PST 2004

I was thrilled to get your solutions to the 'expired MS office trial"
query. It was one of those 'well, duh' moments having moved directly
from a proficient user of a Performa running 7.6.1 to a novice on the
G3 running 10.2.4. The simplicity of going from
"GO"--->Applications-->MS office trial---> Trash" was re-assuring,
albeit red-faced making!

Now here is another question:
A PC colleague, (in an attempt to help me in my 'deprived' Mac
universe!), sent me a formatted document in Word Mac 5.x.(doc). Since I
use AppleWorks, and not Word for Mac, most of the formatting is lost
and some of it opens in gibberish. I have opened it in TxtEdit and
Appleworks. The latter looks more salvageable requiring some work but I
wonder if it would have been more easily translatable had it been sent
in the PC version of Word,

TIA
Gail