Automatic startup under Mac OS X

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Wed Jul 28 22:19:11 PDT 2004

> From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Gr=E9goire_Seither?= <gregoire at pobox.com>
>
> Has anyone found a solution to get Mac OS X to turn the computer on
> automatically in the morning like ole OS 9 used to do ?

If you're using Panther, that feature has been restored. Check your
Energy Saver settings.

> And don't tell me to leave the Mac always on...  how unsustainable !

Why? The Mac uses barely any more power during sleep than it does when
it's turned off (yes, the Mac still draws power when it's turned off!).
Apple actually INTENDS that you leave the machines on and just "sleep"
them when you're not using them. It's MUCH more convenient.

_Chas_

FL-MUG: central Florida's Macintosh User Group.
Meetings: second Thursday of the month, 6-9pm,
at the Orlando Science Center.
http://www.flmug.org