Halp! CD-ROM player suddenly unable to read CD-ROMs

Aldo Johnson Deetya at cbn.net.id
Fri Jun 25 09:18:28 PDT 2004

To be more precise, my eMac's CD-R suddenly can't read the eMac "Mac OS
X Install CD" Neither can it read the new Mac OS 10.2 install CD I
bought.

It can read the OS 9 install CD, and the eMac Applications CD, and some
music CDs I have laying around.

Perhaps this is a factor, but about a month ago i erased my System
partition and re-installed the system from the "eMac Mac OS X Install"
CD. Not the "Software Restore" CDs, but the install CDs.

Is it possible that the Install CD didn't install some little software?
Or perhaps my 10.1 Install CD, and my 10.2 Install CD, just happened to
give up the ghost at the same time?

I have an eMac 1st generation, the 700 MHz one, and running System
10.1.4.

Help me. I want to upgrade to 10.2, but my eMac can't even read the
install CDs! What do I do? What should I do?