Crashing of text editor?

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Mon Mar 29 09:55:19 PST 2004

> From: J <themacintoshlady at earthlink.net>
> OS X has been crashing a lot lately even though I run
> several routines. It just fills up and can't take it anymore I guess.

This comment is indicative of something more seriously wrong with your
setup. It would have been helpful to make this comment earlier.

As has been mentioned many hundreds of times on this list, Mac OS X is
not supposed to crash *at all.* As in *ever.*

If you're experiencing a system crash more than once every few years,
you have a serious problem somewhere in your setup that really should
be corrected, using the usual troubleshooting techniques to isolate
where the problem occurs. The last time I had a system failure was back
in the Public Beta days. While I've had a few issues with various
aspects of the system since then (all of them self-induced, such as
turning off fonts that the system needs by accident) like anybody else,
as far as system stability goes OS X is a quantum leap above all other
consumer OSes.

_Chas_

Richard Clarke has testified to his statements under oath to the 9/11
Commission.
Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld and Rice all refuse to do the same.
Nuff said.