[X Newbies] iCal

matblack at mac.com matblack at mac.com
Tue May 4 07:41:10 PDT 2004

It's not a repeating event. I have an appointment for today that I
scheduled yesterday... and set the alarm to send me an email reminder.
This AM I received a:

 >>  ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
<mo.og at verizon.net>
     (reason: 550 Invalid recipient: <mo.og at verizon.net>)<<

This is my old email address that I thought I had managed to purge from
my system. There are no references to it in either Mac Mail or my
Address Book... and I cannot find any mention of it in iCal... however
it keeps trying to send my email alerts to that address... it's not the
end of the world or anything since it still manages to send stuff to my
current address as well... it's just irritating.

On Tuesday, May 4, 2004, at 10:20  AM, Kirk McElhearn wrote:

> On 5/4/04 4:15 PM, "matblack at mac.com" <matblack at mac.com> wrote:
>
>> iCal keeps sending alarms to my old email address... I've eliminated
>> all the references I can find for it... where is iCal getting this
>> from? Any ideas?
>
> You must have a repeating event that you don't see. It only sends
> alarms
> when you've set them, and it sends them to the address you've set. Try
> setting iCal to month view and see if there's anything there.
>

> Kirk
>
>         My latest book: How to Do Everything with Mac OS X Panther
>                   http://www.mcelhearn.com/htde.html
>  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
> . .
>  . . . . . . .  kirk at mcelhearn.com | http://www.mcelhearn.com  . . . .
> . .
>  . .  Kirk McElhearn | Chemin de la Lauze | 05600 Guillestre | France
> . .

> <X-Newbies-digest at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
> Need help from a real person? Try.
> <X-Newbies-request at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
>
> ----------
> Mac ISP
> http://macinternetaccess.com
>
> DVIator   | Run Dual ADC displays on your G4 or just one on an older
> Mac!
> Dr. Bott  | <http://www.drbott.com/prod/DVIator.html>
>
>    Support   | Support this list by clicking here before you buy!
>   this List  |  http://www.themacintoshguy.com/support.html

> http://www.osxfaq.com

Matthew Guemple
c. 646.734.6601