[X-Newbies] Re: RE:.xls

Vincent Cayenne vcayenne at mac.com
Fri Dec 16 05:19:28 PST 2005

At 4:37 AM -0800 12/16/05, Rob Griffiths wrote:
>I seriously hope Microsoft's latest "open standard" for Office
>documents changes this, as I think competition for Office is a good
>thing ... but I'm not holding my breath.

<giggle>

I'm pretty sure it'll change things - for the worse. They've already
finessed the whole standards thing. If you can't get your stuff
approved by the standards committee, find another standards
committee. Worse, if you don't want to be standards-compliant, go to
a different body, get your own format certified as a standard, then
tell the world that you're promoting good, healthy competition - in
standards!

You can't make this stuff up.
--
'tis as said. [Reality is defined by being described]