[X-Newbies] Mail defaults

Philip J Robar pjrobar at areyoureallythatstupid.org
Sun Dec 18 12:25:11 PST 2005

On Dec 18, 2005, at 12:00 AM, Tony Johansen wrote:

> On 18/12/2005 6:43 PM, "Scott" <scott-xlists at scotist.com> wrote:
>
> Thank you Scott, no wonder I couldn't find it. Mail has given me so
> many
> problems. It seems to be unable to effectively deal with large
> numbers of
> emails etc. I lose sight of listed emails as they seem to overlap
> each other
> frequently ...

I have folders with thousands of messages, one with over 10,000,
never had a problem. I run my own IMAP server so all of my messages
live on that server and Mail is only a cache, not my permanent store.

Phil
--
"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding
of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they