[X-Newbies] Am I....

Jane TheMacintoshLady at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 16 13:52:55 PST 2005

On Feb 16, 2005, at 4:39 PM, Keith MILLS wrote:

> My reality is obviously not the same as other people's!
>
> All I want to do is put a single page onto my desktop, complete with
> photos. without having to be on line. Which is often the case with the
> way I work.

This is not hard...just open your browser and it should be in your
cache...however if it is not...

> 1. PDF - not much use to me in this context because I can't edit/ cut
> and paste for example. It's beautifully there, but untouchable!!

Not true...you can copy and paste anything you want if you have the
right version of Reader.

> 2. Very clever - all-singing, all-dancing; but much more than I want
> with all the links. AND I have to go on line to use it.

Of course. Links are workable if you are online....unless you are just
linking to other pages you have downloaded.

> I'm a simple guy and there are times like this when I long for my old
> 9 when I could do this exercise so easily.
>
> I'm off to bed now. And will be delighted if anyone has come up with a
> fool-proof solution by the time I rise early tomorrow.

You would have to save all the site's the pages to a folder, and save
the graphics separately. If you know how webpages are made you could do
this yourself but it is still tedious or could be depending on the
amount of parts the page has. The easiest thing would be to get a
program that pulls webpages off the web parts in total, and puts them
in a folder for you. Then you can drag the index.html (or whatever)
over your browser while offline and surf the rest of the site.