[X-Newbies] Know of a way to keep it clean?

David Flory daflory at speakeasy.net
Wed Jun 1 17:20:59 PDT 2005

On Jun 1, 2005, at 1:37 PM, Vincent Cayenne wrote:

> At 10:53 AM -0700 6/1/05, Jaynie wrote:
>
>> make the Mac restore itself to a
>> 'clean state' after logging out. I have googled this
>
> From: Deep Freeze Products - Complete Workstation Protection
> <http://www.faronics.com/html/deepfreeze.asp>:
>
> "Deep Freeze protects millions of computers worldwide-24 hours a
> day, 7 days a week, month after month, year after year-saving
> countless hours of technical support. Reduce or eliminate technical
> support time completely and keep expensive computer assets running
> at 100% capacity. Deep Freeze instantly protects and preserves
> original computer configurations. Completely invulnerable to
> hacking, Deep Freeze makes computing environments easier to manage
> and maintain. Each restart eradicates all changes and resets the
> computer to its original state, right down to the last byte."

Sounded great and went to check the price and perhaps buy. Price is
reasonable and decided to buy. Took several minutes to find a place
where one can order a single license version of it, and then found
that the OS X version is not listed as available there. I just wrote
them an e-mail to see if denying access to individual OS X users was
really their intent. I certainly hope not. I'll post the reply.

Fair winds and happy bytes, Dave Flory
--
Speak softly, study Aikido, & you won't need to carry a big stick!
See my photos @ <http://homepage.mac.com/dflory>