[X-Newbies] Re: Know of a way to keep it clean?

David Flory daflory at speakeasy.net
Fri Jun 3 07:31:11 PDT 2005

Good to see that there is a second company providing this service
(tho' it's more expensive). Here is the reply I got this morning from
my e-mail to Faronics' sales. I'd say a pretty prompt and
satisfactory response indicative of good Mac and customer support.
We'll see how long it takes to get the web store fixed. Reply follows:

> Dear David,
>
> Thank you for your message. As a fellow Mac user (I'm writing this
> from my PowerBook), I completely understand your concerns. Please
> rest assured that the issue lies with the lack of upgradability of
> our current online store and is not a reflection of our feelings
> toward the Mac community. As you are aware, we do sell volume
> licenses of Deep Freeze Mac currently and we will be adding it to
> our online store just as soon as we possibly can.
>
> I trust you believe me when I say that we are firmly committed to
> the Mac. The largest market for our software is in education and
> I'm sure you're aware that education is one of Apple's largest
> markets. We recently released an updated version of Deep Freeze Mac
> that works with Tiger and we are already working on version 2.0
> which will put the Mac version on a functional par with our current
> Deep Freeze for Windows products.
>
> As a token of my appreciation, I would like to send you secure
> download information for a full shipping version of Deep Freeze Mac
> 1.8. We will send you the information that you need for this tomorrow.
>
> Please let me know if you have any questions, concerns, or comments.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Brent Smithurst
> Vice President, Technical Operations
> Faronics Corporation
> Tel: 604-540-8199 ext. 4462
> Toll Free: 800-943-6422 ext. 4462
> Fax: 604-540-8179
> Toll Free Fax: 800-943-6488

Sounds good to me and the price looks reasonable, $29.95. I'll let
you all know how it looks when they get the info' to me tomorrow.
Fair winds and happy bytes, Dave Flory
--
Speak softly, study Aikido, & you won't need to carry a big stick!
See my photos @ <http://homepage.mac.com/dflory>