[X-Newbies] Corrupted User Prefs

Alex lists at lexial.ca
Tue Jun 14 07:38:02 PDT 2005

On Jun 14, 2005, at 02:27, Tony Johansen wrote:

> Problem: Recently purchased ToonBoomExpress software. Whenever I try to
> launch it the licensing window appears, when the cursor hovers over the
> window, the spinning ball appears, and the program crashes within
> seconds.

The problem may not be a corrupt pref file. You're jumping to
conclusions. (And, btw, have you contacted the developer's tech
support?)

> Have tried fresh downloads, dragging install icon to desk top first,
> [...]

You've tried everything except what you should begin with. Mac OS X
enforces a strict filespace separation: system - local - user -
application - network. The first step is to decide where the problem
is. Create a new user account, and try it there. Same problem? The
issue is not in the user space. Works? The problem is in the user
space. And you take it from there.

<0x0192>