[X-Newbies] When to install Tiger on a new computer

Rodney A.Hoiseth rothcorp at jcom.home.ne.jp
Sat Jun 18 19:49:59 PDT 2005

Hi, there,

I've been lurking for a while (over here in Japan) but this is my first
SOS. This seems like a great list and I'm sure I'm going to be glued to
it for a while, since I'm finally making the switch from 9.2.1 to OS X.

My new Mac mini came with Panther (10.3.7) installed plus a disc for
installing Tiger.
I'm not in any big hurry to install Tiger unless it's recommended but
I'm wondering when is the optimum time, in terms of learning curve, to
move up to Tiger.

Secondly, I have a lot of data on a PowerBook G3 (Wallstreet) that I
need to transfer over. I'm preparing to do it through File Sharing over
my Ethernet/router network. Is there a better way (since the PowerBook
is not Firewire-capable)?

Also, I have lots of Eudora filters, addresses, etc. on the Wallstreet
tthat I'd like to import into Mail. Is there simple way to do that?

I hope I've provided enough information.

"Yoroshiku",
Rodney
(in Hayama, Japan)