[X-Newbies] Where can I get pre-compiled Darwin CL programs?

Brian Durant globetrotterdk at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 21:49:49 PST 2005

I would suggest looking at the Fink site. I don't even have my G5 yet,
but I have been doing some digging in anticipation :-) Unfortunately,
things don't seem to be as straight forward as in a Linux distro.
Apparently there are some people that have been using Fink code and
not posting changes and/or packaging as commercial, which can violate
the GPL. GRAMPS (genealogy software) seems to have been forked from
another (read earlier) version to run on X11 than what is being
developed for Linux, etc.

What I would really like to see is an X11 e-mail list for beginners.
Hello listmom!!! This fits within the philosophy of "lowend mac" by
reducing software expenditures and lessening the reliance on
proprietary (closed/unfree) software.

I hope someone is listening :-)

My 2 cents,

Brian