[X-Newbies] Rosetta Stone OS X problem.

Brian Durant globetrotterdk at gmail.com
Sat May 14 03:08:09 PDT 2005

Anyone else on the list using a Rosette Stone language pack? My
problem is that Rosette Stone wants me to pay for them to ship an
application CD for each and every language pack that I use, which in
my case is three (languages). I am using their French 1 & 2 packs,
Russian 1 & 2 packs and Indonesian pack. In the past, when I switched
from OS 9 to Win 2000, they were very friendly and offered me a free
application CD. I assume they at the time recognized the substantial
investment that I had made in purchasing a number of their products.
This time around, when switching from Win 2k to OS X, not only did I
get a snotty reply, but they want to charge me $US 10 for each
language kit that I own. While not a large amount of money, I already
have invested a substantial amount in their product. The real problem
however, is that due to my location, I made them aware that they would
have to ship the CDs through the UK, so that all VAT charges are
covered within the EU. I never received a reply in return as to
whether they could do this or not, nor as to the logic of insisting
that I pay per language kit (or language). One application program
should cover all language kits as far as I can see. Has anyone else
had problems with Rosette Stone and what did you do to solve the
issue?

Cheers,

Brain