[X-Newbies] Rosetta Stone OS X problem.

Peter Saint James peterstj at earthlink.net
Sat May 14 11:00:00 PDT 2005

On 14 May2005, at 6:08 AM, Brian Durant wrote:

> Anyone else on the list using a Rosette Stone language pack? My
> problem is that Rosette Stone wants me to pay for them to ship an
> application CD for each and every language pack that I use, which in
> my case is three (languages).

     You may need those packs.

     I have several different languages on my computer also.  I've
been buying them off of e-bay, so they are different ages.  One will
not run on another's application.  I have to have three different
host programs on the computer.  Some have the same version number and
still will not run on each other's application.

     Rosetta Stone's basic concept is good, but they didn't think it
through very well.  It does not interact well with either the
computer or the user.  I found their software buggy.  It gives me no
end of problems.  I also find their lessons not organized well.  They
don't build on each other to give the user ability to communicate in
stages.

                                                     Peter