[X-Newbies] Remote Access solutions

Chris Walker chris at mymac.demon.co.uk
Sat May 14 03:30:15 PDT 2005

Hi all,

Can someone tell me the most secure way to gain remote access.  At the
moment I use SSH but this means leaving a port open and I notice there
has been a rise in the number of SSH exploits recently.

Is it possible to run two VPN clients in a peer to peer formation- one at
each end - to do the job?  I'm assuming that this does not require me to
leave a port open but somehow it finds a secure way through.  I guess
setup would not be simple compared to SSH but maybe it would be more secure.

Possibly someone has experience with Timbuktu, which is another alternative.

Any suggestions/help would be appreciated.  I'm currently on 10.3.9
although eventually I will go to Tiger.

cheers,

Chris